Filth-07.jpg
Filth-06.jpg
Filth-05.jpg
Filth-03.jpg
Filth-02.jpg
Simply James McAvoy
EST 2016 | your ultimate source for all things celebrity name
Feb 15th

James is on the cover of the March issue of Nylon Guys and did also did this great interview for the Nylon Magazine TV.

James McAvoy Interview on Nylon Magazine TV

And here’s a little teaser from the article:

Great Scot!
James McAvoy hits NYLON Guys… again.

by LUKE CRISELL, February 8th, 2010

Though he’s shared the screen with Angelina Jolie, Keira Knightley, and Anne Hathaway, James McAvoy is in no rush to be the next big name.

Stephanie Trong found out firsthand while spending a chilly evening in New York City with the Scottish actor. Here, a few of his secrets.

Why you never hear about him in the tabloids:
“I’ve only had somebody try and take pictures of me outside my house once in my entire life. And they stopped after about half an hour.”

How his resume is impeccable:
“Every now and again, [my agents] thought that I should do something, and I’ve been, ‘What the fuck are you thinking?’ But that’s only happened once or twice in my entire career.”

The co-star that left the biggest impression on him:
“I was intimidated by the humongity—this is a good made-up word—the humongity of Keira’s sort of world presence.”

Why it’s only a matter of time until he wins an Oscar:
“I was very sensitive. Cried easy. Enjoyed crying from an early age. Ehm, not in public. On my own. I think I recognized its therapeutic qualities early on. And then as I came into my teenage years it became very handy ‘cause I could wallow about my lack of girlfriend or general cool or mystique.”

Want More? Go to the Source: Nylon Guys

Feb 8th

Three Days Of Rain

James McAvoy, recognised for his performance in Three Days Of Rain at the Apollo theatre,  got nominated for the prestigious Laurence Olivier theatre awards. He´s up against Jude Law, James Earl Jones, Mark Rylance, Ken Stott and Samuel West in the best actor category.

The winners will be announced at a ceremony in London on 21 March.

Source: BBC News

Feb 4th

The Last Station Still

Here’s what Michael Hoffman, The Last Station‘s director, has to say about James McAvoy, in the recent article Cult of the Count Tolstoy by David Lamble (Bay Area Reporter)

“I think people feel they’ve watched a movie about this tempestuous marriage between these two titanic personalities, but really the movie is all about the sentimental education of the Valentin character. And this is a remarkable quality that James has, I saw it in The Last King of Scotland,and I immediately went hunting for his phone number because even in that film, where he’s a pretty morally compromis ed character, you still give yourself over to him and allow him to become your eyes and ears, your heart and soul in terms of your experience of the story. He’s a great writer, by the way, and actually he and I rewrote several scenes over the course of rehearsals. My prediction: James McAvoy will be a wonderful film director.

Hoffman noted that part of McAvoy’s almost invisible contribution to the film is to soften the edges of Helen Mirren’s hard-charging Countess Sofya, who at one point in the film seems to lose her mind, grabs a pistol and commits a symbolic assassination by shooting holes in a picture of her rival, Chertkov.

“Sofya is not such a sympathetic character, and Helen’s done an amazing thing to make you like her. She’s never ingratiating, never self-pitying, she’s always dignified – that creates a chance for the audience to really connect with her. So the fact that James is gradually falling for her helps a lot, because you trust James so much.”

For the complete article click here

Feb 1st

James appeal on BBC Radio 4

To Listen to James McAvoy message click here

Donations to RETRAK should be sent to FREEPOST BBC Radio 4 Appeal, please mark the back of your envelope RETRAK. Credit cards: Freephone 0800 404 8144. If you are a UK tax payer, please provide RETRAK with your full name and address so they can claim the Gift Aid on your donation. The online and phone donation facilities are not currently available to listeners without a UK postcode. Registered Charity Number: 1122799.

Page 1 of 11