Filth-03.jpg
Filth-02.jpg
Simply James McAvoy
EST 2016 | your ultimate source for all things celebrity name
Apr 15th

James and Anne-Marie

Souce: Herald Sun (by Neala Johnson)

JAMES McAvoy is getting his roof fixed.

“That really, really superstar-y, film star s—,” he says.

The sweary Scottish actor – “My imagination is badly-fuelled and I seem to be swearing instead of searching my vocabulary” – has more than just a dull off-screen life to explain his roof-fixing.

He and his wife, fellow actor Anne-Marie Duff, are expecting their first child.

“We were sitting here in the rain happily dealing with it, and with the kid on the way we thought we better stop being wet-headed,” McAvoy cracks.

McAvoy, 30, was to be jetting off right about now to Canada to make I’m With Cancer, a dramedy he was co-headlining with Seth Rogen.

But with the birth on the horizon, McAvoy has pulled out. It’s not the first time McAvoy has chosen real life over Hollywood. Look at his resume – for a popular, well-regarded actor, he’s squeezed in just one film a year since Atonement in 2007.

There’s been a bit of theatre in that time, he argues, but it’s also a case of “just wanting to take it easy”.

“There was a time a couple of years ago where the next like four years of my life was planned, and I just went, ‘Woah-ho! Stop stop stop stop stop’,” he explains.

“I went, ‘F— it I’m gonna go and do a play and do no films for a little while’. My life was getting planned for me, and that was a bit annoying.”

He was worried too, especially after doing the big-bang action flick Wanted, that he might get stuck on a Hollywood rollercoaster.

“And it wouldn’t have even been as fun as a rollercoaster,” McAvoy says.

Click here to read the rest

Page 1 of 11