Filth-07.jpg
Filth-06.jpg
Filth-05.jpg
Filth-03.jpg
Filth-02.jpg
Simply James McAvoy
EST 2016 | your ultimate source for all things celebrity name
Sep 22nd

I finally managed to make some time to give this site a new layout. I hope you like it.

James McAvoy to evolve professor role in ‘X-Men’ prequel

HollywoodNews.com: “I’m basically going to try and bury Patrick (Stewart’s) performance.”

Those fighting words come straight from actor James McAvoy who is playing the younger version of Professor X in “X-Men: First Class” – a role made famous by Patrick Stewart in the film franchise.

MTV News had the headline.

“I think the fun thing about these films is when you go back and you either reboot or do a prequel. You get to see how people became who they are. That means that you have to do them differently and by the end of the movie you have to do them the same way,” said McAvoy on his approach to the role.

“The interesting journey is what happens to them, what changes them, what makes them evolve – not just mutate, but emotionally and psychologically evolve,” said McAvoy.

“X-Men: First Class,” produced by Marvel Comics, will open on June 3, 2011.

Sep 13th

Now that press junketing has begun on the Conspirator, I’ll be adding images and much more to the site. For now, I leave you with James at the Toronto Film Festival.

Much more to come soon.

Sep 10th

Here’s a little about the Conspirator and what’s it about? The film is set in 1865 Washington as the fragile new post-Civil War union, just days old, threatens to unravel in the wake of President Abraham Lincoln’s murder at the hands of John Wilkes Booth. Since much unfolds in jails or in courtrooms, it hangs on the potent performances by its stars — Robin Wright as Mary Surratt, the only woman charged in the conspiracy, and James McAvoy as her reluctant young defense attorney — along with an ensemble knee-deep in talent and cutting across continents and generations. Tom Wilkinson, Kevin Kline, Stephen Root, Colm Meaney represent the elder statesmen, with Evan Rachel Wood, Alexis Bledel, Jonathan Groff and Justin Long leading the younger set.

Source: LA Times

Sep 10th

The Scottish star of Atonement meets Tolstoy in Oscar-nominated drama The Last Station.
By Nick Dent

Your Last Station co-stars, Dame Helen Mirren and Christopher Plummer, have been nominated for Oscars. Jealous?
It’s fantastic. Thoroughly deserved. We’ll all be sitting around the telly cheering them on.

Tolstoy [Plummer] was not just a Russian national hero but the most famous novelist in the world. You play Valentin Bulgakov, his young secretary. What research did you do?
The diary was the biggest resource. I’ve not played many real people before and I’ve not played anyone who’s kept a diary before, and it’s an incredible thing for an actor. I only want to play people who’ve kept diaries from now on.

Valentin bursts into tears on meeting Tolstoy…
It’s like if you had some kid working in an election office in Boise, Idaho, and all of a sudden he’s told that he gets to be Barack Obama’s assistant. It’s that huge for him. It really did feel like he’d ascended to the next stage of human consciousness by being around his hero. But also, Valentin [represents] Russia. He had to portray the way the Russian people felt about Tolstoy.

He’s caught in the crossfire between Tolstoy and his wife Sofya [Mirren], whose marriage broke down at the end of his life over his political views.
I kind of understand Countess Sofya. Tolstoy was a funny one. I think he was a fuckin’ dick! If he was living the way he told everybody to live and really walked his talk, fair enough, but he didn’t. He wasn’t a vegetarian, he did live in a fuckin’ spectacular private property, he had servants and as much as he railed against it he didn’t actually change any of it. He had 13 kids by his wife, and god knows how many more by other women.

Read any Tolstoy?
I read War and Peace – most of it! I couldn’t get through the whole thing to be honest.

What’s it like working with Dame Helen? We hear she’s very flirty.
Yeah, she’s got a little twinkle in her eye! But you never feel like she wants a bit of it, you know what I mean? She just enjoys a laugh. I have to say the entire cast, we did have a fuckin’ brilliant, brilliant laugh on this film.

Chris Plummer is a great actor, best known for The Sound of Music. Any jokes on set?
The only thing I got past him was calling him ‘Baron von Tolstoy’ a couple of times. I don’t know if he liked it!

Your wife [Anne-Marie Duff] is in the film too. You must be excited to have a baby on the way.
Very excited! All the usual nerves, but we’re very excited.

You’ve just completed The Conspirator. How was it being directed by Robert Redford?
The weirdest thing about Robert is that he forces you to call him ‘Bob’. It’s a bit like calling Prince Charles ‘Chuck’.

Rumours are rife on the internet that you’ve been cast in The Hobbit. Are you Bilbo Baggins?
No, I’m not. I can tell you that for a fact.

The Last Station screens from 1 Apr

Source: TimeOut

Page 1 of 11